February 2022 UPDATE, taking applications for sitters!! MUST be willing and capable of walking dogs that pull. Ability to do overnight care at clients homes a huge plus!! Experienced sitters will be considered first!
We often have openings and we would love to hear from YOU!
• We are in great need of WEEKEND, OVERNIGHT and HOLIDAY help!
We always welcome applications to keep on file when we have openings, particularly for Southside South Bend help, Sunnymede area help and Granger areas!
There really is no other job like pet sitting-it’s amazing, rewarding, fulfilling, so fun, and who wouldn’t love to play with and love on animals all day?!!! But it is also hard work–lots and lots of driving, long days during our busy times, staying on schedule, braving the heat and the cold and snow and rain, lots of last minute changes in your schedule, and sometimes the pets take a bit to warm up to us. But it’s totally worth it, and for the right person, it’s the best job ever-the best kind too, the one you love, the one that MEANS something!
If you are looking to get rich quick or ONLY do this for the money, please look elsewhere. 🙂
This is about making relationships with our HUMAN clients just as much as our furry clients, so you MUST love PEOPLE and be an EXCELLENT communicator!!
Full and Part Time Sitter, Overnight Sitters
- A heart for SERVICE-for helping People and Animals
- Be committed to Pet sitting as a LONG term CAREER
- Organized, be able to stay on schedule
- Be Very DETAIL oriented. There are LOTS of details with each pet visit
- Have a reliable vehicle. This job is a lot of driving!
- Have a smartphone. We use two apps- one to access care notes and one to GPS track walks
- Be Available–if a client has an emergency and needs to leave NOW, we need to be able to step right in! Last minute changes are the nature of the job
- Visits are offered every day of the week between 7am and 9-10pm.
- Be willing to work weekends and most/some holidays-All sitters get family time on all holidays. Weekend time off is rotated between sitters.
- Have experience with animals of all shapes and sizes–we will do some on the job training but a natural love and skill is a must!
- Be an EXCELLENT Communicator–with ME and with our clients, keeping them updated is essential
- A GREAT WILLING attitude–things get busy, someone that can still do an excellent job and stay on their toes is so important!
- Must be a High School Graduate
- Must be a NON SMOKER
- Must pass drug test and background check
Preferred but not required:
- Horse and barn care
- Previous pet sitting experience
- Pet Medical experience
- Rescue pet experience
- Dog training experience
- A 4WD vehicle. Michiana winters are rough!
- A vehicle large enough to transport dogs to doggy daycare
- Form awesome relationships with all the sitters. We are a family, we enjoy each other’s company, we chat and hang out regularly!
- Supportive and understanding boss 🙂
- Never in the same place for an extended period of time
- Form relationships with clients and become practically family
- Love on animals all day long!
- Enjoy the sunshine and being outside!
- Stay in shape with all the exercise!
- Flexible Scheduling!
- Always learning new skills
- Excellent earning potential
- A job that means something, is very rewarding, and won’t ever just be ‘a job’
- Bonuses and reward earning opportunities!
- Opportunity to make $200-$1500 WEEKLY based on availability and skill level.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE