Got questions? Here are all the Answers!
CLICK ON THE PINK BOXES on the Left to Open up the Answer!
How do I get started?
We have 2 options:
use our Contact form on the bottom of the home page, or send an email to bookAPP@amberspamperedpets.com
For the FASTEST booking, please provide the following info:
- Your Address so we can confirm you are in our service area
- Date of pet care needed to confirm availability
- Type of pets you have so we can match you up with the perfect sitter!
- Your phone number (be CERTAIN you have entered the correct EMAIL address as well)
Then set up a date and time for your FREE MEET N GREET!!
Can I talk to a real person?
You can call or text 574-208-0391 to talk to Amber during regular business hours 8am-6pm. Leave Amber a message if it is after hours and she will get back to you as soon as possible! (or EMAIL if it is after business hours)
• We don’t usually take bookings over the phone for liability reasons, but are happy to answer any questions you may have!
• EMAIL us for booking! This is for your protection so that no booking gets misunderstood!!
What do I need for the Meet n Greet?
At the Meet N Greet, the sitter you are matched up with will go over all your pet’s information and routine and let your pet get to know the sitter as well. This care information will be kept on file for future services. You can update your care notes anytime by emailing us!
- We ask that you have TWO KEYS tested and ready for us to take.
• We use our own labels and assign you a private client number-NO addresses and NO names other than pet names will be on the key tag. They are both kept in our safe until the time of service, then one key will be on your sitter’s person. In case of emergency, if something should happen to your sitter, the backup sitter can access the backup key in the safe and continue care for your pets.
- New clients are asked to have PAYMENT IN FULL for their first set of services ready at the Meet n Greet. After the first set of visits, clients are then given the option to receive an invoice and pay within 10 days.
What COVID safety precautions are you taking for Meets?
For Meet n Greets for new clients, we have a few options to accommodate this special circumstance. New clients can choose between the following options
- Virtual Meet n Greet. We will schedule a time to do the Meet n Greet over FaceTime/Messenger/Zoom or other virtual app to take down care notes and show us where things are located. Keys can be dropped off at our office in the drop off box that is on the front door.
- In Person Meet n Greet with safety precautions. The sitter will come to the home wearing a mask, removing shoes at the door and maintaining the safe 6 foot social distancing standards. Care notes will be taken and keys retrieved at the meet. We are happy to meet outdoors at a safe distance with no mask if the pup is in need of a less ‘strange’ approach for behavioral reasons.
- Zero Contact. (For cats and emergency situations) E-mail Amber all instructions (feeding info, location of supplies, etc) and drop keys off at our office in the drop box on the front door.
We are happy to accommodate any special needs and want to instill confidence in current and new clients alike that we are taking this pandemic very seriously. While we are very eager to get back into the swing of things, we don’t want to do it at the risk of anyone’s health. We are in this together!
How do I Pay?
We have several payment options:
- Give your sitter a check at the Meet n Greet, leave a check on the counter at the first visit, or mail in a check at the conclusion of service. Make checks out to Amber’s Pampered Pets
- Pay on Venmo. We are listed under AmbersPamperedPets
- Add your credit card to your TTP portal and pay there. We offer Auto charging as well.
What type of pets do you care for?
We match you up with sitters that have experience with pretty much any type of pet you can imagine! Multiple sitters have experience with reptiles, birds, wildlife, and even exotics like Coatimundis! We also care for horses and barns, ducks and chickens and more!
What are your service areas?
We provide ridiculously awesome pet care and dog walking services to:
- Granger, Indiana
- South Bend, Indiana
- Mishawaka, Indiana
- Notre Dame and St Mary’s, Indiana
- southern Niles, Michigan
- Some Osceola, Indiana
$7 mileage fee for some Osceola and Niles areas, please inquire via email!
I worry... is it ok to check in with you while I’m away?
Absolutely! At APP, Communication is essential, and we love hearing from you! We want you to feel connected with your babies even while you are away. We send updates and pictures, lots of pictures! You are NEVER a bother.
What are the benefits of using a professional pet sitting company?
APP was established in 2002, we have a large base of clients that have been with us for many years now and are hAPPy to share their honest reviews with you!
- We are fully insured and bonded.
- We have a backup plan for our backup plans and will never leave you hanging!
- We are locally owned and operated, and our sitters put their hearts into giving the best care possible!
- We care about you knowing you are a part of our family and not putting money into the pockets of a big corporation.
- Amber cares about the quality of our care-APP is her baby-and she guarantees your hAPPiness!! This is a real person overseeing all sitters and elements of the visits, and she will make sure you are well taken care of!
- Sitters are not random-they are hand selected by Amber from a list of qualifications, background checks and referrals.
Where can I see some reviews?
Check out more Q and A on a blog post!